Last Updated: July 11, 2017
If you do not agree with the data practices described in this policy, you should not use the Nervanix website, apps or reporting hub. If you are using or accessing our website or app from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, you expressly consent to the transfer of your information to the Unites States.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website, apps or reporting hub?
When ordering or registering on our site, using our apps or reporting hub, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
Additionally, our apps are designed to operate in conjunction with a wireless EEG headset that is manufactured by a third party and resold through Nervanix to customers. Your EEG brainwaves, hereafter referred to as Brainwave Data, may be recorded and stored by Nervanix when you use our apps and we also may provide you with scores or performance date as part of our service.
Your Brainwave Data belongs to you, and you retain, at all times, complete use of all Brainwave Data collected during your use of Nervanix products and services. You grant Nervanix a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license to collect, process and store your Brainwave Data only so far as it is required to deliver Nervanix services. At any time, you can contact us at email@example.com to remove your Brainwave Data from our servers and we will process this request in a reasonable amount of time. Once removed, we will have no further license to use your Brainwave Data.
As part of the use of Nervanix services, some or all of your data may be stored on your local device (for example your smartphone, tablet or computer) and/or uploaded to our cloud servers. We urge you to take measures to protect the information on your local devices, for instance via application password as well as any additional protection – such as local data encryption.
When do we collect information?
We collect personally identifiable information from you when you place an order, fill out a form, sign-up for a newsletter, respond to a survey or otherwise enter information on our site or in our apps.
When using our apps, you Brainwave Data is also stored locally on the device used to run the app and by Nervanix to provide reporting and feedback to you.
How do we use your personally identifiable information?
Nervanix uses the information that you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance and provide our website, apps, and associated online services.
We use the information:
· To quickly process your transactions
· To contact you for administrative or customer service purposes
· To send periodic emails regarding product updates or about other products and services that we think may interest you. You have the ability to opt-out of these marketing communications by clicking on the unsubscribe links in these messages or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· To personalize your experience on our website, apps or reporting hub. For example, when you log in, we may welcome you back by name and present you with a customized user interface.
· To analyze usage trends and preferences of our users so that we can improve the features and functionality of our websites and apps.
How do we use your Brainwave Data?
Our apps are designed to help users measure and improve their attention levels as they engage in activities like reading an article or watching a video. Nervanix collects Brainwave Data solely for this purpose of measuring and monitoring attention levels.
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information and Brainwave Data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
All online order transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use 'cookies'?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being set or turn off all cookies entirely. This preference is adjusted in your browser settings.
Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
We are not in the business of selling your personally identifiable information! We do, however, need to disclose your personally identifiable information in a variety of circumstances in the ordinary course of business operations and to comply with the law.
· Nervanix uses third party service providers to provide web service hosting and maintenance as well as other services for us, such as payment processing. In the course of performing services for Nervanix, these providers may have access to or process your personally identifiable information. Generally, these disclosures are made under terms comparable to this policy, and the recipients are limited to using the information for the purpose for which it was provided.
- · Nervanix may disclose your information if required to do so by state or federal law, or in response to a court order, judicial or administrative subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement investigations. Nervanix also reserves the right to disclose information as is necessary to protect Nervanix or others from fraudulent, abusive, unlawful, or otherwise inappropriate uses of the website or app; to investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations; to protect the security or integrity of the website or app; or to protect the rights, property, security, and/or safety of Nervanix, our users, or third-parties.
· Nervanix reserves the right to provide all details of your purchase to third party debt collection partners who may assist us in recovering amounts or goods properly owed to us if you fail to meet payments or return your device promptly.
· Nervanix may share your information with our parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
· In the event that Nervanix or its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, Nervanix reserves the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
· Additionally, if our apps are utilized by third parties such as university researchers or the training departments of companies or organizations, the use of your personal information and Brainwave Data may be subject to additional disclosures provided by those third parties.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website or in our apps.
Website Reporting and Advertising Analytic
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and identifiers (such as the Facebook Pixel) to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act) Compliance
Our products and services are marketed to adults and parents. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under the age of 13 years old. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com, so that we may delete the information.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices, should a data breach occur, we will notify you via email within 7 business days.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, and gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4 Times Square, 6 FL
New York, NY 10036